NDG Communications is searching for a Front End Developer to keep our agency on the leading edge of technology.
We need someone with a detailed, analytical approach and a flair for innovation to help us deliver an outstanding user experience for our clients and their customers. This is not a job for beginners. Our new Front End Developer will have years of experience and an advanced knowledge of a wide range of software and programs. They will be a leader and a strategist, ready to bring projects from conception to execution.
The Front End Developer is responsible for the creation of innovative customer facing web experiences on multiple platforms in collaboration with the agency creative team. Additionally, the Front End Developer is responsible for creating wireframes, cross-browser testing and front-end programming desktop and responsive websites, as well as collaborating with other members of the digital development team.
The Front End Developer must thrive in a fast-paced work environment and must be able to handle multiple projects, reliably meet deadlines and produce fully functional web projects. This person should also bring new ideas and innovations to the table, based on sound research, best practices, and measurable tests.
Are you up for the challenge?
Reports to Digital Development Manager
- Collaborate with our creative team to strategically plan the execution of all interactive projects
- Development of sites precisely based on PSDs and technical specifications provided (pixel-perfect attention to detail required)
- Regularly update active websites maintained by the agency, both by programming code for new information, and updating existing programming code to ensure sites stay functional as technology and client requirements change
- Stay current on all programming-related technology trends and innovations, and notify the Director of Digital Development regarding training or hardware and software upgrades needed to keep the agency on the leading edge of interactive design
- Bring new ideas and innovations, based on sound research, best practices and measurable tests
- 5+ years experience in web design/programming, with emphasis on programming
- Advanced knowledge of HTML5/XHTML
- Advanced knowledge of CSS2/3
- Ability to convert designs from PhotoShop or Illustrator into solid table-less XHTML code
- Advanced knowledge of cross-browser/platform issues, user interface requirements, debugging and code solutions
- Experience with jSON and/or XML for configuration scripting
- Familiarity with SQL
- Familiarity with PHP and/or ColdFusion
- Strong time management skills and resource management capabilities
- Experience designing/programming applications for touchscreen platforms
- Experience with a ColdFusion framework such as Fusebox or ColdFusion on Wheels (CF Wheels)
- Experience programming HTML5 animation/graphics using SVG
- Experience working in an advertising or marketing agency environment
- Experience with WordPress theme development and plugin customization
- Experience with real estate and development clients
To apply, use the button below. Include cover letter, resume, salary requirements (no numbers=no interview), and link to samples or include a brief PDF portfolio to be considered. NO CALLS or recruiters.
Front End Developer
PLEASE INCLUDE: cover letter, resume, required salary range, and URL link to samples (or include a brief PDF portfolio) in order to be considered. No calls or recruiters, thank you.