If you’re a creative wizard and a technical expert, you might be just the person for us.
You’ll conceive and design a variety of print, digital and broadcast materials, ensuring our highest standards from initial concepting through vendor production. You’ll also help supervise graphic designers and production artists, mentoring them and encouraging steady growth within the agency.
We also need someone who can stay on the leading edge of design and branding trends — and who can help our clients stay there, too.
Teamwork is essential. You’ll collaborate with Marketing Managers and Copywriters. You’ll mentor Graphic Designers. And along the way, you’ll help create great work for our clients.
- Monitoring the quality of finished artwork and conceptual materials produced by the creative team
- Informing and advising the Vice President, Operations, on department business, including all creative and technical issues and requirements (hardware and software needs, upgrades, training, etc.)
- Engaging in any personal development necessary to stay current in advertising techniques and standards, and researching activity required to become more familiar with clients’ businesses
- Consulting with agency leadership regarding staffing needs
- Participating in client presentations and pitches
- Providing high-level creative and graphic design to projects
- Ensuring efficient visual execution of creative concepts as assigned by creative director
- Observing agency consensus in the production of client presentation materials, either conceptual or finished art
- Examining and approving finished art and conceptual material, and supervising alterations and/or corrections
- Recommending and directing freelance contributors and outside vendors
- Recommending and directing photographers and talent at photo sessions
- Overseeing specification of typestyle/font, color, photography, illustration and paper stock; inspecting and approving vendor pre-press and press proofs
- Providing press-side inspection of print runs by creative personnel when required (arranged in conjunction with the production department)
- Meeting established deadlines or providing reasonable notice to the production department of special circumstances requiring deadline extension
- Advising Traffic Manager when extra hours are necessary to meet any overload demand
- Conducting inventory of supplies related to the performance of design duties; notifying Office Concierge of necessary reorders
- Performing occasional additional duties as deemed appropriate by the Vice President, Operations
- Consulting with the Vice President, Operations, as well as other art directors, graphic designers, copywriters, marketing managers and more to ensure agency objectives are met
- Supports and mentors Production Artist, Junior Graphic Designer and Graphic Designer
- Encouraging the professional development of department staff
- Hyper-attention to detail and efficient time-management capability
- Minimum 5 years of agency experience in a Senior Designer role
- A solid portfolio of advertising agency work
- Exceptional communication, conceptualization, and visualization skills
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Extensive pre-press and file prep experience
- Degree in graphic design from an accredited art school, college or university
To apply, use the button below. Include cover letter, resume, salary requirements (no numbers=no interview), and link to samples or include a brief PDF portfolio to be considered. NO CALLS or recruiters.
Senior Art Director
PLEASE INCLUDE: cover letter, resume, required salary range, and URL link to samples (or include a brief PDF portfolio) in order to be considered. No calls or recruiters, thank you.