NDG Director of Account Services
The ever-changing technological landscape has provided the real estate marketers and real estate buyers with several new tools to utilize when searching for a new home. The most popular of those tools today are the iPad and the iPhone because of their many apps, and other smartphone platforms are also in wide use in the Real Estate industry among both agents and buyers, such as Android and Blackberry. There are countless useful apps out there, but only a select few that are affiliated with some of the most effective real estate listing sites.
If you’ve done your homework and you know that your buyer profile is an avid smart phone or tablet user, here are a few apps that connect with some of our preferred real estate listing sites. All of these apps serve the general purpose of allowing potential homebuyers to search for homes, so we’ve outlined some of their other great features that help prospects find homes of interest.
The TRULIA App from Trulia.com
- Listings include thorough information, and overall this is the easiest app to utilize when looking for homes based primarily on location.
- The search function is map-based and powered by Google, making it very easy to use only if you are searching first by location. Secondary filters allow users to select the price range, square footage, number of bedrooms, and number of bathrooms.
- There is a separate map search function that allows users to search only for homes where the price has been recently reduced. When users view the listings they can see when the price was reduced and by how much.
- Use your Trulia.com account or create one in the app.
The ZILLOW App from Zillow.com
- Map-based search functionality allows the user to easily find homes in a particular area of interest.
- Search results also display animated banner ads linking to mobile websites.
- Zillow’s signature Zestimate® feature is shown on each listing, allowing users to fully understand taxes and any previous sales history of the home.
- Users do not need to navigate one layer deeper to view photos, as each listing displays photos on the main detail page, making it very easy to navigate the listing content.
- Allows you to search the largest amount of homes for sale because their listings are powered by MRIS.
- The app can automatically sync up to an existing Realtor.com account or a new account can be created directly from the app.
- Listings are easy to browse and all information is accessible in very few layers.
- The email and share to Facebook and Twitter features are very easy to use, making sharing more likely.
- Great resource for searching open houses on the weekend.
- Listings are powered from a large, national database of newspaper websites.
- Many options to filter your search by price range, type of home, location, and features.
- You can also sort by distance from a specified location or price.
- Google powers the mobile-friendly driving directions feature, making it useful for navigating to homes.